Thursday, June 6, 2013

Guest Post, Erica @ Loyal RUN

This is just a start of some awesome ladies who will be guest posting for me while I am in Kentucky and moving!! I know you will enjoy reading Erica's post! I love this girl!

Thanks so much Erica!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hello to all you wonderful Lady Luck readers!! Isn't Britney the best!! (the answer is YES!!) I am lucky enough to be able to do a guest post for her while she is busy having fun!! ;)

I am a lifestyle blogger, and Britney's best friend.. 'cuz you all know you need to know that!! ;) I write about weight loss, clean eating, natural living, fitness, running, and family. Sometimes I throw some beauty tips in the mix too, because we all love to look and feel beautiful (even though we already are).
You can find me over at Loyal RUN! I recently deleted my old blog and started a new one because I have recently had such a great change in my life and I want my blog to focus on the new and improved ME!! Head over and give it a browse, then you can feel free to follow! ;)


Loyal RUN

Today I want to share a wonderful beauty/health trick called....

Organic Coconut Oil

Yup that's right. I know you have heard all about it! It was used mannny years ago until someone decided all "fats" were bad. (not knowing there are different types that work in different ways) They also said avocados were bad too. WRONG!
Anyways, Coconut oil is amazing for you!! And that "fat" that they call bad actually aids in BURNING FAT!!!

Coconuts are a lifesaver I tell ya. I use Coconut oil DAILY! 

Some of the things I use it for are:

  • Shakes/Smoothies - I mix it in with my morning shakes. I use a huge leap full of the stuff (approx 2 tbs). The fat, called medium chain triglyceride, burns energy and (the extremely hard to lose) belly fat!!
  • Cooking - For the same reason I put it in my shakes and smoothies, I also use it to cook my veggies. Virgin Coconut Oil can only be used over low heat. If you need something that can handle the heat, use Coconut Oil (not virgin).
  • Diaper Rash Cream - coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal.
  • Clean and Hydrate Face - rub in circular motions all over your face. Then Rinse.
  • Hair Care - It keeps hair in healthy growth and reduces protein loss. It also keeps your hair free of lice and lice eggs (sweeeeet!!). Apply oil as you would your conditioner, leave in for 15+ minutes (or over night, but beware it can stain your pillow sheets). Then just rinse in the shower. Ta Da!
  • Makeup Remover - also moisturizes
  • Moisturizer - you can use on your face and body as you would a lotion. It is AMAZING.
  • Shaving - helps remove chemicals and leaves the are super soft.
  • Makeup - oh ya, totally!! Use it on your cheek bones as a highlighter. Good as any store bought highlighter!!
  • Massage - sexy time!! woot woot! Rub that oil in deep into the skin!
**Note** Make sure you are using ORGANIC coconut oil. You don't want your body absorbing all the chemicals, toxins, and pesticides from the alternative.

I don't spend too much money on my coconut oil. I get mine from Kroger.




Now, go get you some coconut oil!!
Know of any other great uses for coconut oil??? 
Leave them in the comments below! We would love to hear about them!


Don't forget to head over to my blog, Loyal RUN!!
Loyal RUN 

3 comments:

  1. awesome post :) lol thanks for letting me guest post...
    I see a couple typos .. oops, my bad!! lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gots to get my hands on some coconut oil! You can use it on anything and everything I hear:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love coconut oil! So many people don't know how often you can use it! Thanks for the grea info!

    ReplyDelete